Tuesday, October 28, 2008

BOBO IS SICK

PLEASE HELP BOBO...

Hi all, Bobo's mom here...since Thursday Bobo has been yelping on/off. I'm not sure what is wrong. I took him to the vet and the vet didn't have much to say. Didn't offer x-rays or anything, just prescribed an anti-inflammatory medication.

So now it's Tuesday and he's still yelping here and there. He's hiding under tables and chairs so I can't get to him I'm guessing. He seems very skittish and afraid of everything (normally, Bobo is not like this...he stops on walks just to stare at the big trucks passing by). He won't play, at all. Won't sleep next to me...has been sleeping on the floor-- he eats still and is going to the bathroom but other than that, all he does is sleep. He seems so miserable.

I'm still new to the whole dog world (have had Bobo since March 2008) so any advice, insight, or anything else is much appreciated.

To add to this, I've been really sick too so Bobo & I look like 2 messy peas in a pod! Ugh!




Bobo hiding under the dining table








Looking relatively well here...


Not looking well this morning




Poor guy

Thanks in advance for all your help guys!
EDIT: Bobo is about 2 yrs old (not sure since he was adopted from a shelter) and he is still running during our walks. He turns around when he yelps as if to see what's hurting him. I don't think he's losing his ability to see or walk...at least not at this age. He did yelp when trying to sit down once so I'm guessing he hurt his lower back near his bottom? I've checked all his paws and don't see anything. :-/

14 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh no. When he's close, have you tried to check to see if there is any noticeable bumps, lumps or bruises? Is he walking ok? Is he drinking water? If you have the option of another vet (even to just call for an opinion) I would do it. If you sense he's not acting right, I would trust your intuition and get him checked out.

Hang in there and Ruby and I are thinking good thoughts!

Michele

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Did you get his eye checked out? He could be losing vision and that tends to make some dogs very scared- that might explain his behavior. And if he has been thoroughly checked out- get a second opinion!!! Definitely agree with Ruby's mom. You really never know. Keep us updated! Pug hugs from Sophie, Dixie, and Harley!

Bubba said...

Hey Bobo,
That's terrible. Maybe your meds are making you loopy. It happens. Have your mom check your toes and legs to make sure all is working OK. I hope you're better by the weekend, Pig and I was looking forward to meeting you!! Get better!

BenTheRotti said...

Hi,

I would agree with Michele and say get a second opinion, one thing I have learnt in the 20+ years of being a doggy mummy is that your instincts are rarely wrong. We arekeeping Bobo very much in our thoughts and prayers and Rotti Zen and Mum sugars are winging their way over to you. Keep us updated!

Get well soon Bobo!

Sue & Ben xxxx

Molly the Airedale said...

We think the second opinion is a great idea too!
Lots of AireZen is headed your way, Bobo!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Aggie said...

BOBO~

That is not good! I hate to hear when one of my BT friends is down. I agree with the other BT's. Have your mom get a 2nd opinion. It could be something left over from your eye injury. Have mom check you for lumps, bumps, and sores. Keep us posted and get well soon!

Sloppy Kisses,

Aggie

Joe Stains said...

Find another vet. Someone should be able to do enough tests to find out what is wrong with poor bobo :(

Vicki A said...

I've been checking your blog ever since he hurt his eye. I'm so sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. I was thinking it was maybe something with his sight from his eye injury, or maybe his hearing (loud noises). Definitely get a second opinion! My BT, Ruby Rose, sends lots of loving licks!

Petra said...

No no Bobo! It makes me sad to hear that you're not feeling right. I am in totaly agreement with everyone else. Get a second opinion. I'm praying for you, friend.

Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

I agree w/everyone else. Get that second opinion. Hope that Bobo is feeling lots better soon!

The Puppies said...

The Puppies mom here-- i agree with pretty much what everyone else is saying: find another vet. Your vet should listen to you when you are concerned and do more than just give him an anti inflammatory. Have you given his back legs a thorough exam? look for bumps, press on him gently to see if he seems to have pain in any one area in particular. Hope it turns out not to be anything serious, but shop around for a vet if you want to.. i went to three different ones before i settled on mine because he always listens to me and personally talks to me when anything is wrong with one of my babies!
Amy (and The Puppies)

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We have never visited before, but we are a boston terrier loving bunch. We are sorry to hear you are feeling bad. We agree! Get a 2nd opinion. Some doggie doc has to be able to help you!
We will check back with you. Sending good healing vibes!!
Hugs, Sunny&Scooter

Petra said...

I hope you're feeling better today, Bobo.

I is Jake said...

Hai Bobo, I is Jake. Mom and I agree yoo should get another vet person.

As fer what may has caused this I has to let mom tell yoo.

I hope yoo get better soon.

I is Jake!

Did Bobo, jump wrong?

An x-ray would be a good thing, perhaps he has a burr on a bone that is rubbing him the wrong way. (Any animal that is in pain will hide, btw.)

Perhaps he has a genetic problem he is predisposed to?

I would definately take him to another vet that is not aloof thats for sure. He is your boy and you sound like you want what is best for him.

Jakes Mom